Content marketing is the key to thriving as a brand in the digital world. It encompasses many forms of marketing, including YouTube marketing. As you grow your brand, you need to learn how to create content and push your brand on Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc. You also need to optimize your content for the Search Engine Results Page (SERP). This is also known as Search Engine Optimization (SEO). You should build an email list before opening your store.
However, given how video content seems to be the most engaging type of content, learning YouTube marketing is vital. In this article, we shall take a look at YouTube cards.
YouTube Cards and Types of YouTube Cards
YouTube cards are clickable, interactive cards typically found at the end of each YouTube video, with clickable links to relevant videos on the same channel or playlist, or a website, etc. Aside from sending the viewer to other videos in the same playlist or series, YouTube cards are known to have a clickable Call-to-Action (CTA).
Commonly known examples of CTAs are subscribing to the channel, visiting the official website, checking out the rest of the channel or playlist, buying a product on sale, etc. The various types of YouTube cards are:
- For channels that you can make use of to promote other channels
- To redirect visitors to a website external to YouTube.
- For videos or playlists that you may incorporate to promote videos.
- To support and advertise a cause of you want to take up and encourage people to donate.
- To hold polls and encourage viewers to participate in a multiple-choice poll.
What should you keep in mind while using YouTube cards?
Be sure to keep the following tips in mind as you use YouTube cards:
- Remember that YouTube cards are generally most useful when you place them at the end of the video. However, you can use them at other points in the video. YouTube cards that you use to direct viewers to related videos or playlists typically work best at the end of the video.
- Make sure that the YouTube cards you use are related to the video being watched. Redirecting the viewer to a video on your channel that may have nothing to do with this one can cause a disconnect. Instead, you can establish context and reduce the viewer’s chances of closing the video after the first few seconds. Providing context is vital to retaining viewers.
- Once you add the YouTube card to your video, you can choose at what point during the video you want the YouTube card to be displayed. You can do this by dragging the YouTube card to the point in the video where you want it to appear. You may include an additional four YouTube cards to the video once you set up the first YouTube card. After this, make sure you check if the YouTube cards appear precisely when you want them to before you publish it.
What are the best ways to use YouTube Cards?
Here are the most common uses for YouTube cards:
YouTube Cards to engage the audience
By now you know you need engagement, which means you need to get as much audience interaction as possible. Boosting engagement and traffic is how you expand your brand. You may use YouTube cards to organize polls and talk to your audience to boost your viewership, create more content, and refine it.
Supporting a Non-Profit Venture or cause that you believe in
You can use YouTube cards to support and promote a non-profit venture or cause that you stand for. This helps you build and cement your business’ reputation, letting people know that finance and influence are not the only things your brand stands for.
Actions like these can lead to significant results in the long-term. You should avoid doing what most influencers do, which is agonizing over getting as many new followers and new leads as possible and converting them into loyal subscribers. Supporting a cause is a wonderful use for YouTube cards.
YouTube cards may be used to advertise influencers who promote your products and brand
In the digital age, you cannot afford to be a lone wolf and make it to the top as a brand. You are better off collaborating with other content creators and influencers, thereby exposing your brand to new audiences. The influencers you collaborate with will expose their brands to your audience.
This is one of the best ways to boost your traffic, leads, and conversions. Using YouTube cards to direct people to check out your collaborators, who are industry experts, popular influencers, and so forth, is an excellent way to build your brand.
Using YouTube Cards to direct viewers to other videos in the same series or playlist
You can put out all kinds of video content on YouTube – long videos, films, documentaries, vlogs, live streams, and so forth. YouTube allows you to create as many playlists and series as you wish to.
If you want to increase and retain your viewers, be sure to add YouTube cards to the end of every video, directing them to the next one in the series, or a video that can bridge the gap between the current video and the rest of the series or playlist. Besides this, add a CTA to compel them to subscribe to your channel, visit your website, and be a part of your mailing list.
If your question is ‘how big are the youtube cards?‘, be sure to use an image that’s at least 300 x 300-pixel width. Also, make sure you leave them on the video for the last few seconds so that the viewer has time to look at it.
There you have it – New to YouTube cards? Probably no more. This should kickstart your YouTube marketing and optimization endeavours to boost your the traffic, attention, leads, and customers that come your way.