What is Ayushman Bharat Yojana? It is the world’s most significant health insurance policy that gives health coverage to Indian families if they are eligible. The eligibility of Ayushman Bharat Yojana is divided into households into both urban and rural areas. It is categorized depending upon the occupational and deprivation criteria.
The main aim of this Yojana is to help the people by giving them coverage for their medical expenses.
A quick look at the Ayushman Bharat Yojana
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana is a medical insurance scheme that is governed by the Indian government.
- It covers the many procedures that consist of the treatment costs, doctor fees, room charges, diagnostic services, ICU charges, operation theatre fees, etc.
- Three days for pre-hospitalization covers lie to 3 days, and the post-hospitalization is for 15 days and consists of diagnostics and medicine.
- Both tertiary and secondary care treatment are covered under this scheme
- Coverage on the cashless hospitalization provide to the beneficiaries
- The best thing about this scheme is that you can get the benefits from cashless treatment in any hospital in India.
Benefits under the Ayushman Bharat Yojana
Ayushman Bharat Yojana is a medical insurance scheme that provides a limit of up to Rs. 3 lacs only. The beneficiaries get the benefits of the cashless treatment facility in private as well as public hospitals in India. Every family in India fits the eligibility criteria of the Ayushman Bharat Yojana and gets the insured sum for the defined tertiary and secondary care conditions.
This policy can cover the following expenses for the given medical treatments.
- Accommodation benefits
- Lab investigation and the diagnostic procedures
- Medical implantation charges
- Pre-hospitalization expenses
- Treatment results in the complications
- Intensive and non-intensive care services
- Medicine costs and consumable expenses are covered under this
- Food services
Ayushman Critical Illness coverage
This scheme helps the families by giving them access to medical and health care services and assists in the daycare process, consisting of the pre-existing illness. This scheme can provide coverage around the 1350 medical packages at the private and public network hospitals in India.
List of covered diseases under the PMJAY scheme
Here is the list of the critical illness that is covered under the Ayushman Bharat Yojana. Let us take a close look at critical illness diseases.
- Anterior spine fixation
- Prostate cancer that is treated at the best cancer hospitals in Bangalore
- Double valve replacement
- Skull base surgery
- Carotid angioplasty with stent
This article will deliver all relevant information related to the Ayushman Bharat Yojana. The benefits offered by this policy go up to 5 Lakh. You can get the benefits under the access of the family floater plan. The household eligibility of the rural and the urban areas are covered under this single plan. The best thing about the Ayushman Bharat Yojana is the cashless treatment options up to the covered amounts under this plan.