Do you want to purchase the best super top-up health insurance policy in India to complement your primary health coverage? Well, with tons of super top-up plans available in the market, finding a perfect policy that meets your needs is easier said than done. It may take you hours and days to even go through the details of a portion of the available policies. Well, time waits for no one. So, to save you time, we have done the grinding and created a list of the top 10 super top-up health insurance plans in India. Let’s dig in.
What is a Super Top-up Health Insurance Plan?
Super top-up health insurance policies cover the hospital bills of the policyholder up to a specific fixed limit once the bills go past the deductible limits set by the super top-up plans. So, in case of a medical emergency, once you pay the deductible amount set by your super top-up plan, the policy will become active. After that, it will cover the upcoming hospital bills.
Unlike the top-up plans that only cover a single claim that comes above their deductibles, the super top-up plans can cover cumulative expenses.
The deductible amount of every super top-up plan is decided when you buy the plan. For example, let’s say you get a super top-up policy of Rs. 8 lakhs with a deductible limit of Rs. 2 lakhs. In this case, the super top-up plan will pay for any hospital bills above Rs. 2 lakhs. You will need to pay the deductible limit of Rs. 2 lakhs either from your own pocket or using a health plan.
Best Super Top-up Health Insurance Policies in 2022
There are multiple health insurance companies in India, each offering one or more types of super top-up plans. Let’s take a look at some of the best super top-up insurance plans offered by the top insurance firms in India.
|Super Top-up Plan Name||Entry Age||Tenure||Deductible Amount||Sum Insured|
|Navi Super Top Up Health Insurance||5 – 80 years||N/A||Starting at Rs. 2 lakhs||Up to Rs. 1 crore|
|Bajaj Allianz Extra Care Plus||91 days – 80 years||1 / 2 / 3 years||Starting at Rs. 2 lakhs||Up to Rs. 50 lakhs|
|Chola MS Super Top Up Plan||3 – 70 years||2 / 3 years||Starting at Rs. 50,000||Up to Rs. 25 lakhs|
|Edelweiss Family Health Top Up Plan||18 years or more||1 / 2 / 3 years||Depends on the insured amount||Up to Rs. 50 lakhs|
|Care Enhance Super Top-up Health Plan||18 years or more||N/A||Enhance 1: Starting at Rs. 1 lakhs
Enhance 2: Starting at Rs. 5 lakhs
|Enhance 1: Up to Rs. 30 lakhs
Enhance 2: Up to Rs. 50 lakhs
|Liberty Connect Supra Top-up (I and II)||91 days – 65 years||1 / 2 / 3 years||Plan I: Starting at Rs. 2 lakhs
Plan II: Starting at Rs. 10 lakhs
|Plan I: Up to Rs. 20 lakhs
Plan II: Up to Rs. 1 crore
|Oriental Super Health Top-up Plan||18 – 65 years||1 year||Starting at Rs. 3 lakhs||Up to Rs. 30 lakhs|
|Manipal Cigna Super Top-up Policy||18 years or more||1 / 2 / 3 years||Starting at Rs. 3 lakhs||Up to Rs. 30 lakhs|
|National Super Top-up Mediclaim Policy||18 – 65 years||1 / 2 / 3 years||Starting at Rs. 2 lakhs||Up to Rs. 20 lakhs|
|United India Super Top-up Medicare Policy||18 – 69 years||N/A||Starting at Rs. 2 lakhs||Up to Rs. 15 lakhs|
Who Should Buy Super Top-up Health Plans?
People buy super top-up health plans over their primary health insurance policy for multiple reasons. Let’s see who should buy the super top-up plans and why.
- Senior Citizens and Parents: Getting a health plan at your later age can be pretty expensive. That’s because the premiums for buying health plans keep rising with the growing age of the policyholders. However, purchasing the best super top-up health insurance plans can significantly lower the average cost of the health insurance premium. The only downside is that you need to pay the deductible from your primary health plan (or the corporate health plan) or from your pocket.
- Employees Who Want to Upgrade Their Employer Health Plan: The employer health plans never provide the coverage of a regular individual health plan. That’s why many salaried individuals find the sum covered by their corporate health plans to be inadequate. You can use a super top-up plan to upgrade your corporate health plan. This way, you can effectively increase your total coverage amount without having to pay a hefty sum for standard health coverage.
- People, Who Find Their Current Coverage to be Insufficient: Do you think that your current health coverage is not up to the per? No worries. Purchasing the best super top-up health insurance policies can give a boost to your existing insurance coverage, and you can avoid the hassle and cost of buying a separate health plan.
Features and Benefits of Super Top-up Health Plans
Here’s a list of features and benefits of the super top-up plans:
- These plans cover any illness related to COVID-19.
- Super top-up plans are customizable, making it easier for you to set an upper limit on the cover.
- You only need to pay the deductible once to enjoy the benefits of a super top-up policy. And after that one-time deductible is settled, you can make multiple claims until you reach the maximum coverage limit.
- It’s the perfect coverage for your parents or senior citizens.
- It comes with tax-saving options.
- You can receive quick, hassle-free, and cashless claim settlements in the insurer’s network hospitals.
Wrapping It Up
As you can see, the super top-up health plans are a necessary financial tool that can help you get more excellent coverage at a fraction of a standard health plan’s cost. It works as an extension of your main health insurance policy that can help you with extra funds if your main coverage isn’t enough to cover the hospital bills. Go through the ten policies we have mentioned in this article and do your own research to select the best super top-up health insurance policy in India.