So, you were playing Minecraft and found that water is stuck at certain places, which is hindering your gameplay. Well, if you are in the same situation and wondering how to get rid of water in minecraft? Keep reading this article.
Here, we will provide you with some extremely easy and effective methods to eliminate water in Minecraft.
How To Get Rid Of Water In Minecraft?
Minecraft is a fantastic game, allowing players to build almost everything they can imagine. The world of Minecraft is literally infinite. The best thing about the game is that it provides users with fantastic graphics and real-life-like experiences.
However, it doesn’t always go smoothly, as it also presents players with various challenges. One of them is water stuck in some places. But worry not; it can be removed pretty easily. Let’s explore how!
1. Use a Sponge
A sponge is one of the best ways to get rid of water in Minecraft. When a sponge comes into contact with the water, it absorbs all the nearby water and turns it into air. Sponges are usually found in the Ocean, which can be slightly difficult to find.
However, if you manage to get one, you can effectively remove water from a specific place. Generally, a sponge has the ability to absorb water in its seven blocks of radius. Remember that the sponge will turn wet instantly when it absorbs water and won’t be able to absorb more further.
- Simply get a sponge
- Place it next to the water and it will absorb all the nearby water
- If there’s still some water left, repeat the process until you remove all the water.
2. Utilize an Empty Bucket
Buckets do not spawn in Minecraft but can be crafted easily using a crafting table. To prepare a bucket follow the steps below:
- Take three iron ingots and place them in a V shape on your crafting table (as shown in the image below).
- Once you have crafted a bucket, it’s time to get rid of water.
- You will need to find out from where the water is flowing, go near it and right-click while holding your empty bucket. If done right, you will notice the water draining away.
3. Use Sand
If you want to get rid of large amounts of water, this is the method you need to opt for.
- Firstly, collect as much sand as possible.
- Once the sand is assembled, come near the water you want to get rid of and begin dropping the sand blocks until a column is fully filled.
- Now, step onto that column and repeat the same process to fill every water tile with the help of sand. If you can’t find sand in your area, you can also opt for gravel.
The process might seem slow, but it is much better and faster than other methods when it comes to removing a large amount of water in Minecraft.
4. Replace The Water Source
How to get rid of water in Minecraft? Simply block the source from where the water is flowing. In Minecraft, you will notice the water is constantly flowing from a single block of water, which you can quickly locate.
- Firstly, find that single block of water from where the water is flowing.
- Place a solid block on that water block.
That’s it. You will notice the water has stopped flowing.
5. Take The Benefit of Lava
Another way to get rid of water in Minecraft is by using lava. As soon as the lava comes into contact with the water, it immediately turns into stone.
- Locate the water source and bring it into contact with the lava
- It will instantly be turned into obsidian and the flow of the water will be stopped.
This method might not be suitable for everyone, but it can serve as a decent means to eliminate water from a place in Minecraft.
So, that was the complete guide on how to get rid of water in Minecraft?
Removing water from a place in Minecraft is not a hectic task at all. Simply utilize any of the methods mentioned above that you find most suitable and strive to remove the water from your desired place. If everything is done correctly, you will easily be able to eliminate the water from any location.