Most cell phone users are usually tired of the number of promotional calls and messages they receive on daily basis. If you are one of them, we understand. Doesn’t matter if you are in a work meeting or spending some quality time with your family, the promotional calls and texts just don’t stop.
What if we tell you a simple text or a call can help you get rid of every single spam call? The DND or Do Not Disturb service is your answer.
This article will give you a good understanding of what is the DND service and how you can activate or de-activate the service for your mobile number.
Keep reading to know more.
What is the DND service?
As mentioned before, DND stands for Do Not Disturb. The service was introduced by TRAI (Telecom Regulatory Authority of India) in 2011. According to this policy, every service provider needs to maintain an NCPR or National Customer Preference Register. Under this policy, every user can register for the DND registry or service.
In simple words, DND is your answer to irritating telemarketing calls. Once you register your number for DND, you won’t receive any kind of promotional or marketing SMS or calls. You will receive non-promotional SMS even after the DND activation.
In case, your number is not registered for DND, you will continue receiving promotional calls or texts between 9 AM to 9 PM every day.
If you also want to activate the DND service on your number, read the article’s next section.
How to activate DND on my number?
You can activate DND on your number via SMS, call, and online. Let’s look at the steps involved.
DND activation via SMS
- Open the messaging app on your phone.
- Create a new message and type START 0 (Caps on).
- Then send this message to 1909.
Follow the further steps to activate DND on your number.
Make sure you have the SMS recharge to send the SMS. If not, you can do an online recharge quickly to send the text.
Activate DND via call
- Open the dialer app on your phone.
- Dial 1909.
- You will be given 3 options: To register for full DND, to register for partial DND, and check DND status. Choose any one option as per your DND needs.
- Listen to the IVR instructions carefully for DND activation on your number.
Register your number for DND online
If you have an Airtel prepaid or postpaid sim, follow the below steps to register your number for DND:
- Head to the Airtel DND website (https://www.airtel.in/airtel-dnd/).
- Click on the ‘Click here’ button under Airtel Mobile services.
- Enter your 10-digit Airtel phone number.
- Hit ‘Get OTP.’
- Enter the OTP and proceed.
- You will be redirected to a new screen. Select ‘Stop all’ to activate DND on your Airtel number.
If you have a Jio number, follow the below steps:
- Download the MyJio app from Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Once you are logged in, tap on the 3 lines menu in the top left corner.
- Tap on settings > Do Not Disturb.
- You can either activate complete DND or choose sectors.
- Hit submit to save the changes.
Try the above-mentioned steps to activate DND on your number today.